I. The Information Jivome Collects
2. Jivome Newsletters and EmailsAt registration and at various times as you use the Jivome Websites, you may be given the option of providing us with Personal Information in order to receive recurring email newsletters that Jivome will produce from time to time. If you sign up for our email newsletters, you can choose to opt out of receiving additional newsletters from Jivome by following the directions included at the bottom of the newsletter.
3. Emailing and Tweeting To Your ContactsJivome offers its users the chance to communicate with their contacts through a variety of social media tools directly through the Jivome Websites. If you use the Jivome Websites to email a contact, we will ask you for your name, your email address, and your contact’s email address. We will automatically send your contact a one-time email, inviting her or him to visit the site. That email will use your name and email address as the “from” email address. But Jivome does not use your contact’s email information for any other purpose. We will only use the information you provide to send the requested email to your contact. If you use the Jivome Websites to tweet at a contact, we will ask you for your name, your Twitter® handle, and the Twitter® handle of your contact. We will automatically send your contact a one-time tweet inviting her or him to visit the site. That tweet will use your name and Twitter® handle as the “from” information. Jivome does not use your contact’s Twitter® information for any other purpose. We will only use the information you provide to send the requested tweet to your contact.
B. Non-Personal InformationEven if you do not register with or provide any Personal Information to Jivome, we may collect Non-Personal Information about your use of the Jivome Websites. “Non-Personal Information” means information that Jivome cannot use to identify or contact you. Jivome may also acquire Non-Personal Information about its users from external sources. While you may use some of the functionality of Jivome without registration, many of the specific tools and services on the Jivome Website require that you register with Jivome.
III. How Jivome Uses Your InformationInformation collected by Jivome about you is used by Jivome to: Administer your account, provide you with access to particular tools and services, Send personalized emails or secure electronic messages pertaining to your health interests, including news, announcements, reminders, and opportunities from Jivome, respond to inquiries you send to us and to send you communications about the Jivome Websites or services, obtain your feedback about the Jivome Websites or our offerings, statistically analyze user behavior and activity including how frequently areas of the site are visited and how many emails are received and opened, provide you and people with similar demographic characteristics and interests with more relevant content or advertising both on the Jivome Websites or on other websites that you visit after you leave the Jivome Websites, and conduct research and measurement activities, including those described below.
A. Research and Measurement ActivitiesInformation that Jivome collects about you may be combined by Jivome with other information available to Jivome through third parties for research and measurement purposes, including measuring the effectiveness of content, advertising, or programs. This information from other sources may include age, gender, demographic, geographic, personal interests, product purchase activity, or other information. We may report aggregate information, which is not able to be identified back to an individual user of the Jivome Websites, to our current or prospective advertisers and other business partners. We do not sell or share any Personal Information with any third parties, except that contractors performing services on our behalf may be provided access to Personal Information when performing these services. These contractors are required to agree not to use this information for any purpose other than performing services on our behalf.
V. How Does Jivome Secure and Retain Your Information?Jivome takes reasonable security measures to protect the security of your Personal Information. Despite Jivome’s efforts to protect your Personal Information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. When you enter Personal Information (including personal health information in various tools on the Jivome Websites), we encrypt the transmission of that information or use SSL connections (Secure Socket Layer) technology. Jivome will retain your Personal Information as long as your account is active or needed to provide you services. At any time you can remove your Personal Information or instruct us to remove it. However, you should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to Jivome from our servers. Jivome tools that collect and store Personal Information allow you to review, update, and/or correct information you have submitted by going back to the specific tool, logging-in, and making the desired changes. We will also retain your Personal Information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
VI. ChildrenWe are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The Jivome Websites are not designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. The Jivome Websites do not collect Personal Information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13. We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children on our sites and applications. Some of the features on the Jivome Websites are age-gated so that they are not available for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with those features. When we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information
- In accordance with applicable law, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity
- Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted